|An Old Friend|
|Prerequisite||The Coming Storm|
|Next Quest||Enemies in High Places|
Background[edit | edit source]
The gnome elder Templar Octienne has information about the location of Fomorous Hugues, the gnome responsible for the Well of Souls. Octienne wants to meet me at his camp in the Hollowlands of Detyre.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
- Speak with Agarth
- Meet Templar Octienne
- You can locate Octienne in the Overlook Camp, in The Hollowlands, Detyre. It is a whole different area from Dalentarth and a very long trip (if you've never been to Detyre before), so plan and prepare yourself accordingly, as you will probably face a large number of enemies. You can also start many side quests in your way to Saltwell Caverns.
- Look for Hugues
- He is in Saltwell Caverns, south of Overlook Camp, also on The Hollowlands. A Cave Banshaen will be awaiting your arrival; you may avoid this one by heading due east to the road and following it south instead of heading straight south east.
- The cave is crawling with traps and enemies (specifically Faer Gorta and Sons of Laz). Be sure to search all of the gnome corpses, as they hold keys that you will need to advance (some open locked doors, while others open emergency supplies chests). Once you reach Hugues, approach him and he will talk to you automatically.
- Defend Hugues
- Talk with Hugues
- This conversation will unveil many of the game plot's mysteries, concerning your death, Ventrinio and Octienne's true motivations. Once it is over, the quest will be completed (Reward : level-dependant XP ~6500, but no Gold) and start the next one (Enemies in High Places).
Reward[edit | edit source]
Some notable loot found include:
- Experience, and a note which is needed for the next quest
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the assassins do manage to kill Hugues in the game, he does not respawn. You will need to restart the game from scratch or reload an earlier save. So save before you enter this area!
Bugs[edit | edit source]
Hugues may not show up at all, and the quest marker will disappear after examining his assistant, resulting in an unfinishable game... (PS3)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- If you haven't received it yet, this is an awesome place to get the achievement, Reckoning Rampage, as at saving Hugues part you are jumped by 10-15 Assassins.