|Essence of Fate|
Description[edit | edit source]
This strange tangle of glowing blue thread pulses with the pure energies of Fate itself. As such, it can grant incredible power when used as a reagent in potion-making.
Details[edit | edit source]
Consuming an Essence of Fate by itself provides the following effects:
- +20 to Fate Meter
Methods of obtaining[edit | edit source]
The most common way of acquiring Essence of Fate is by chance through defeating opponents in Reckoning mode, each kill having a small chance of providing 1-4 Essences of Fate. It can also be acquired in some chests or by harvesting it from the plant of the same name (Usually hidden somehow, whether behind a hidden door or in an area not visible on the minimap).
Particularly difficult monsters also have a chance of possessing lootable Essence of Fate.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Map Locations include:
- Dalentarth: Southwest corner of Ettinmere, due west of Ballads Oratory, in a small alcove to which you must swim.
- Plains of Erathell: Far west side of Acatha, west of Gloamthicket, entrance on the south side of the river in the west, behind a waterfall guarded by a Crudok.
- Detyre: On the road connecting The Hollowlands to Menetyre, in a hidden cave on the south side of the path. Note that the alcove can be seen on the world map, It is to the left of the word "Menteyre".
- Klurikon: In the Caeled Coast south from Damalroc, in the cave after the bridge.
- Alabastra: East of Ariad Camp, in a cave on the north side of the road between High Fulgen and Shadow Pass. (Using world map: cave is in a "cove" little bit over 1 inch to right of Ariad Camp)
Additional Info[edit | edit source]
- When experimenting, Essence of Fate cannot be used at first; it is absent from the experimentation menu until you have reached a certain point in the main story, and have at least a level 5 Alchemy skill (able to use 4 reagents for potion making).
- It is possible to farm Essence of Fate by resting for 4 24-hour periods in a bed, and then visiting all of its locations to collect it.
Notes[edit | edit source]
You are not required to harvest this reagent x 10 when achieving the trophy "Green Thumb".