Description[edit | edit source]
- Ten years ago, I served the Alfar armies, defending Klurikon and Mel Senshir from the Tuatha armies. Then Witch Knight Malwyn led his Tuatha summoners agains us. The fiends routed my soldiers at every turn. Now they've had Mel Senshir under siege for years, while I've been searching for a weapon to turn the tide.
Background[edit | edit source]
When the Tuatha marched on the Plains of Erathell without warning 12 years ago, the Alfar hastily organized an army under the command of General Tilera ap Gwydion to strike back against the assault. Although the campaign was costly, Tilera eventually drove the enemy out of Erathell and back into the swamps of Klurikon.
But the war was not over. Tilera’s loss following the appearance of the monstrous Balor on the Day of the Pale Swans allowed the Tuatha to push back and lay siege to the fortress of Mel Senshir. And there the battle lines of war have stood for the past nine years.
Tilera, ashamed of her failure even in the face of such hopeless odds, resigned her commission and set out on a journey to uncover an ancient weapon that legends say can kill the Balor. Tilera knows that it is only a matter of time before the Tuatha call the Balor to the walls of Mel Senshir, turn the tide of the battle in their favor, and sweep across the Faelands once again.
Knowing that Tilera was fated to never recover the legendary weapon, Alyn Shir sends the Fateless One to aid Tilera. With the Fateless One's influence, Tilera's fate was changed and was able to retrieve the legendary spear Piercing Light.
Together with the Fateless One and the army of Rathir, Tilera returned to Mel Senshir armed with Piercing Light and prepared for the breaking of the siege. During the battle, Tilera and the Fateless One sought out the Witch Knight Malwyn, who had control over Balor. With the Fateless One's help, Tilera killed Malwyn and prepared to throw Piercing Light into Balor's eye. However, she was shot through the abdomen by a Tuatha arrow and was mortally wounded. With her last reserves of strength, Tilera picked up Piercing Light and hurled it over Balor's head, killing the Niskaru who was directing Balor and temporarily sending the Balor into confusion, eventually to be killed by the Fateless One.
In memory of her heroics and successful return to Mel Senshir after many years of exile, Commander Owaiglyn vowed to rebuild the walls of Mel Senshir and rename them after General Tilera, so that her name would never be forgotten. Alternately, if the Fateless One tells Owaiglyn that Tilera had run from the battle, Owaiglyn will state that Tilera was merely a coward, though not all will share the negative opinion; Ragna Senn and Bronwen Senn, for example, will retain their belief in Tilera's courage.
Related Quests[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
During the quest "The Great General"[edit | edit source]
Once you've rung the first Windstone:
Once you go after the Piercing Light:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Coriana Anwon does not approve of her actions (e.g. her quest for the ancient weapon). She thinks Tilera is searching for "mythical solutions to real problems".
- Before taking the quest The Great General, you can hear Alyn Shir talking to a fateweaver in the Blue Bear Tavern (in Emaire. The fateweaver tells Alyn that the General is fated to lose. Alyn replies "then we'll just have to change fate won't we?".
- General Tilera says about the same thing when she gets the "Piercing Light": She was not meant to have it, but the Fateless One changed her fate.
- Her full name is Tilera ap Gwydion
- Her armor is very similar to the Faehunter Armor Set