|Location||Allestar Tower, Allestar Glade|
Overview[edit | edit source]
At the beginning of the story, he is seen with Encel doing their labor at the Tower. They talk to each other, while Guran pushes a gurney with a corpse lying under a blanket.
They proceed to dispose of the body by throwing it into a pit full of the unsuccessful Well of Souls' revivals.
In-game[edit | edit source]
Not long after, the Well of Souls is attacked by some bloodthirsty warriors, known as the Tuatha Deohn. They advance through the subterranean caves connected to the Tower, and begin to indiscriminately massacre all the gnomes who were working there.
Guran apparently manages to hide from the threat, and while trying to escape, he notices Encel at a distance, in the company of that same "corpse" he saw not so long ago, only this time, he/she was alive. The Well of Souls had worked.
One way or another, Guran succeeds, and escapes the Tower, fleeing to the forest glade. He runs into a bear who was ready to make him, his dinner. The Fateless One was close by though, and ends up saving him. Guran tells him/her that in addition to being a collaborator in the well, he was also being paid to send continuous reports about the progress of the project to a certain someone, although he never knew who he/she was.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Introduction[edit | edit source]
- "All right, then. Make sure it goes into the report. You know he'll want all the details".
- "I'm just glad it's not moving. Must have been born under a lucky star this one".
Dialog[edit | edit source]
- "You! I remember you! You're... you're the one? How did you come back? How did you find me here?"
- "When I saw you with Encel in the Well, I ran. But... It wasn't because I was afraid. I was coming to report that Hugues' experiment had succeeded".
- "The Well of Souls is bigger than one gnomes' pet project. My employer pays for information about its progress. I just send the reports to make some money on the side. But I don't know how the Tuatha found out - this has nothing to do with them! I never wanted anyone to get hurt!"
Gossip[edit | edit source]
- "What is this world coming to?"
- "Pff, good riddance to Hugues and his damned Well."
Personality and Traits[edit | edit source]
Guran is presented as a gnome deeply pragmatic and somewhat vain. He is not interested in the project of the Well of Souls in the least, and even considers it a nuisance.
Worth noting is that, if the Fateless Ones fails in the persuasion attempt with him, Guran would be inclined to kill him/her if necessary, with none or little consideration whatsoever.