Longsword is a type of melee weapon available to the Fateless One in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Using measured, focused attacks, the longsword is a close-range weapon, good at disrupting and focusing down single enemies. Being part of the Might-based weapon set, they are intended for use by fighter-style characters, and are bolstered by the Brutal Weaponry and Longsword Mastery passives in the Might ability tree.
Damage Characteristics[edit | edit source]
They have a Moderate damage output per hit, being weaker than all other Might weapons, compensating for their versatile moveset and attack speed. They are, however, more damaging than any of the Finesse melee weapons.
Longsword Abilities[edit | edit source]
The Fateless One can learn new attack techniques with the longsword by investing in the Brutal Weaponry series of abilities, and can increase damage delivered by the use of longsword by investing in the Longsword Mastery ability.
- Upheaval: Attack -> Pause -> Attack to perform a 2-part attack that launches an enemy into the air.
- Comet Strike: Hold and release to dash into and slash your foes.
- Phantom Edge: Attack while blocking to duck under enemy attacks followed by a strong slash.
- Horizon Edge: Attack while dodging to slice across multiple enemies.
- Riposte - After a timed parry, attack to perform a stylish combo.
Crafting Longswords[edit | edit source]
- Main article: Blacksmithing
The Fateless One can craft longswords at any Blacksmithing Forge by using a blade and a hilt; rivets and grips are optional components. With sufficient skill, mastercrafted longswords that offer a bonus percentage to total damage can be created.
List of Common Longswords[edit | edit source]
- Rusty Longsword (Only available in Allestar Tower tutorial)
- Iron Longsword
- Steel Longsword
- Azurite Longsword
- Sylvanite Longsword
- Prismere Longsword
- Primal Longsword (Teeth of Naros DLC)
List of Unique Longswords[edit | edit source]
- Almain Cutlass
- Belne's Sword of Ire (Possible Reward for Master Belne (Quest))
- Blade of the Pariah
- Fate's Edge (Fate-Touched Weapons Pack DLC)
- Haldebier's Blade
- Makhaira (Teeth of Naros DLC)
- Niskaru Blade (The Legend of Dead Kel DLC)
- Piercing Rapier
- The Beast (Reckoning Might Bonus Pack DLC)
- Torment (The Legend of Dead Kel DLC)
- Vengal's Vengeance
- Warnir's Reward
- Windcarver (Teeth of Naros DLC)