Unique is the distinction given to pieces of armor, weapons, or items that are of the highest quality. Compared to other items of lower quality at the same or similar (sometimes higher) levels, Unique pieces will have superior stats. Set Items are the only quality of items (aside from crafted pieces) that can compete with Unique pieces at similar levels. They are often very difficult to obtain, especially at lower levels.
Unique pieces of armor, weapons, and items can be distinguished by the purple lettering in the naming of the piece.
Due to the mechanics of Reckoning, Unique items scale its Requirements and stats to the level of the Fateless One upon finding the item. However, the type of stats will remain constant e.g Shine and Shadow will always have Burning Damage during Daytime as a bonus.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Unique items can be found randomly in chests, hidden in rock piles or hollow logs (discovered with a Detect Hidden skill of at least 2), or given to the player after the completion of a quest. They may also be found randomly as drops from monsters.
DLC[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the designation, "unique items" are not in fact necessarily unique; it is quite possible for more than one of them to exist in a given game (e.g., the Fateless One might very well happen to stumble upon, say, two Eye of Lupoku shields while playing in the same game).
See Also[edit | edit source]
- List of Known Unique Weapons
- List of Known Unique Armor
- List of Known Unique Necklaces
- List of Known Unique Rings