Here at the Amalur Wiki we have exciting news!
On September 6th, 2018 THQ Nordic announced it had acquired Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in addition to its related intellectual property, including the cancelled MMO Copernicus project.. This news comes six years after 38 Studios filed for bankruptcy in 2012.
A copy of the press release from THQ Nordic is provided below:
However this does not stop THQ Nordic from making new games for the Amalur series.
That's all the news for now but we will update everyone as soon as there are new developments!
- ↑ https://www.thqnordic.com/node/301
- ↑ https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-06-heres-a-curveball-thq-nordic-has-bought-the-kingdoms-of-amalur-ip
- ↑ https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/6/17826806/thq-nordic-kingdoms-of-amalur-38-studios
- ↑ https://www.gamespot.com/articles/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-ip-acquired-by-thq/1100-6461594/
- ↑ https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-10-a-thq-nordic-kingdoms-of-amalur-remaster-would-require-the-go-ahead-from-ea
- ↑ https://wccftech.com/ea-rights-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/
- ↑ https://www.pcgamer.com/a-kingdoms-of-amalur-remaster-probably-cant-happen-unless-ea-agrees/
- ↑ https://www.tweaktown.com/news/63137/ea-approve-kingdoms-amalur-reckoning-remaster/index.html